Agiliway continues actively working on CiviMobile - a mobile app that allows leveraging all the benefits of CiviCRM anywhere and anytime. The major change introduced in the second release was the ability to update CiviCRM data via mobile app. Current third release of CiviMobile has a set of new important changes complementing the mobile application with additional value.
The new features that users are about to discover in the latest version of CiviMobile are:
1. Memberships. Using the CiviMobile app, you may check the status of your membership and renew it if necessary. The membership structure, conditions and dues will depend on personalized membership settings of your organization. You may also check the membership status of other contacts assuming you have enough privileges. Another important feature is the possibility to renew your membership from mobile device which may be very useful for external members, supporters, or users of your organization.
2. Contributions. Now CiviMobile allows tracking all contact payments and donations on a mobile device. On the contribution screen, you can see aggregated totals: the number of transactions and total and average sums you have paid this year and since your very first contribution. This quick data is followed by the history of your payments detailing the sum, the type of the payment, as well as the date, time and status of transaction.
3. Relationships. CiviCRM relationships are now available in CiviMobile. You can track relationships relating to other contacts as well as view case relationships and/or those relationships that are no longer active. In addition, you can create a new relationship choosing one of the types set in your CiviCRM system and selecting relevant contacts or, on the contrary, disable or delete some non-relevant relationships.
4. Notes. Using this feature, users are able to leave notes concerning particular contacts. Notes may be visible or hidden from all other users.
The mentioned functionality may be easily accessed from the profile screen, which design has been altered accordingly.
5. Other important updates include a Settings screen that allows customizing CiviMobile’s work and view to users’ preferences. As for now, users can use it to set a start screen for the app (for example, Calendar, Cases or Events) and the language of an app. Now, users can choose one of the four languages including English, German, French and the newly added Italian language. Still, we are also setting up an environment for other developers to contribute to the project by translating the application to other languages, so we expect the choice to increase soon.
In addition, we have:
With all the new updates, CiviMobile has turned into a comprehensive yet easily accessible tool that can be used not only when working in the field, but for a day-to-day work with your CiviCRM system too. In particular, let us remind you that beside the new features described above CiviMobile already supports many core CiviCRM functionality including:
The CiviMobile application caches the data from a CRM system in a mobile memory allowing users to work with their systems even in an offline mode. Any changes made using the CiviMobile app are synchronized with the CiviCRM database.
As it has been mentioned, CiviMobile leverages the most useful features of the phone and allows to build a route from your current location to the one you are heading to. For example, you may use navigation to get to an event or an address you have found in a CiviCRM profile of an organisation or a household.
Overall, we are absolutely excited about all the features we have managed to realize for a mobile CRM system and encourage you to set up the newest version of the CiviMobileAPI extension for your CiviCRM system. If you still haven’t used CiviMobile so far, give it a try simply downloading the app form a Google Market or an Apple Store and using demo site credentials. Find out more about how to start with CiviMobile here.