UPDATE: Dec 17, 2010
dharmatech has contributed a similar module to drupal.
d.o. page: http://drupal.org/project/civievent_discount
great job dharmatech!
UPDATE: Dec 2, 2010
I uploaded the module for a CVS account at d.o. Check this page http://drupal.org/node/977826
Please post suggestions
JULY 6, 2010
I have been working on integrating discount system in civicrm for a project. I came across a good blog http://civicrm.org/node/566 and implemented it as it is. Then i customized it for role based discounts and many other discounts possibilities. But now i have a requirement to provide a front end to manage coupons as:
1. Add/Delete Coupons
2. Set beginning/expiry date & time for coupon codes
3. Set how many times each coupon code can be used
4. Track coupon code usage on who, when, why and for what purpose it was used.
5. Create sets of random coupon codes with customizable patterns
6. Limit coupon codes for certain events/roles/users/registrations
7. Discounts based on % or Value This is a coupons interface of a existing drupal contrib module "uc_coupon" Soon i will update this page with more information and will be available as siva on #civicrm Cheers!