CiviCRM version 5.58.0 is now out and ready to download. This is a regular monthly release. Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience:
Users of the CiviCRM Extended Security Releases (ESR) do not need to upgrade. The current version of ESR is CiviCRM 5.57.x.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen. We thank all our partners, members and ESR subscribers, who are regular financial contributors. If you can, please donate.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.58
- FormBuilder: Add support for Memberships (25144), Fix fields using Existing Contact autocomplete (dev/core#4083: 25374)
- SearchKit: Fix Mailing labels (dev/core#3470: 25164), Add search/display details to searchKitTasks hook so that hooks can filter actions by search display (25123 and 25482)
- CiviEvent: Only display the Event Fees tab if CiviContribute is enabled (25120), Fix offline Event confirmation receipt prints waitlist message (dev/core#4087: 25370)
- CiviContribute: Fix pagination and counts for soft credits on contact contribution tab (dev/core#4063: 25460)
- Status Checks: Raise severity of the check for signing keys (25285), Add check to ensure that MySQL timezones are operational (#25367)
- Geeky: Support DedupeRules as Managed entities (25227)
- Api4: Fix autocomplete for contributions (dev/core#4104: #25485)
- Joomla: Fix
cverror on J3. (25320)
- PHP compatibility: Drop php 7.2 support from CiviCRM 5.58 (dev/core#3991: 25147, 662, 68, 166 and 286).
Big thanks to Andie Hunt and Alice Frumin from AGH Strategies for putting up together release notes. If upgrading from a very old version of CiviCRM, see the version-specific upgrade tasks.
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Alice Frumin, Andie Hunt; BrightMinded Ltd - Bradley Taylor; CiviCoop - Jaap Jansma; CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Yashodha Chaku; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy; craft-coders.de - Sebastian Gellweiler; Dave D; Ginkgo Street Labs - Michael Z Daryabeygi; JMA Consulting - Monish Deb, Seamus Lee; Systopia - Johannes; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire; Squiffle Consulting - Aidan Saunders; Third Sector Design - Kurund Jalmi; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen McNaughton; Wildsight - Lars Sanders-Green.
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following reviewers contributed their comments:
Artful Robot - Rich Lott; Tadpole Collective - Kevin Cristiano.
- Fix inconsistent terminology used when referring to Member Since, Membership Start Date and Membership Expiration Date - merge ready
- Move event payment to the confirmation page - needs review
This is only a short sample. For more, subscribe to Eileen's dev-digest.
- Job title on relationship - Use employer relationship description to store the job title and then synchronize the contact summary job title with the primary employer relationship. By Samuel Vanhove - Coop SymbioTIC
- Moat - an extensible, dynamic, firewall API - highly configurable dynamic firewall-type system for extensions to use. It’s based on setting rate limits on certain activities, and then taking certain actions when a flood of that occurs. By Rich Lott - Artful Robot
- Message Template Blocker - Blocks a configurable list of message templates emails (such as contribution receipts) and optionally records them as an activity. By Mathieu Lu - Coop SymbioTIC
- Dot Digital Integration - Integrates CiviCRM with Dot Digital. By Jaap Jansma - CiviCoop.
- No Empty Report Mail - Prevent emailing of reports that contain no rows in the output. By Allen Shaw - Joinery HQ
- Update Language Files - Updates CiviCRM languages files, for both core and extensions (fork of l10nupdate for changes that will be in CiviCRM 5.59). By Mathieu Lu - Coop SymbioTIC
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.
- Make a donation or contribute to a Make it happen campaign.
- If your organization wants to support our work, please become a member today.
- If you are a CiviCRM service provider, please become a partner.
CiviCRM is community driven and is sustained through contributions, good vibes, solidarity, and financial support from its community. Help CiviCRM do a world of good.