CiviCRM version 5.46.0 is now out and ready to download. This is a regular monthly release. Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience:
Users of the CiviCRM Extended Security Releases (ESR) do not need to upgrade, as there are no ESR-specific bug-fixes or security issues at the moment. The current version of ESR is CiviCRM 5.45.x.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen. We thank all our partners, members and ESR subscribers, who are regular financial contributors. If you can, please donate.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.46
This version changes the database schema, has changes to the API, as well as the usual bugfixes and minor feature improvements. If you're wondering "why doesn't CiviCRM fix my-very-obscure bug?", well you might be in luck. The full release notes include a very long list of very obscure bugfixes.
- Advanced Search: fix right-clicking (open in new tab) on the contact image now opens in a new tab (22303)
- Tokens: Fix single quotes escaping when rendering tokens in html format (22387, 22285)
- Custom Fields: when creating new groups, flip the default visibility settings, so that by default new groups are uncollapsed on initial display, and collapsed on the Advanced Search. This only impacts the defaults on new groups. (22244)
- SearchKit: Fix editable dates on standalone form (22366), Tweak export explorer link icon format (22300), Add links for CustomField and CustomGroup entities (22302), Fix running searches for anonymous users (22597), Contextual "View" button (22367), Fix UI for configuring display pager limit (22321), Allow functions in the WHERE clause (22241), Allow aggregate columns to be links (22356), Set date-range defaults (22234)
- Status Checks: New status check for missing extension dependencies (22640)
- PHP 7.4 is now the recommended PHP version. PHP 7.2 is still supported, but please update if you can (22265)
- Translations: Fix AngularJS translation with multilingual (22236)
- Upgrades are possible from CiviCRM 4.6 (it was previously 4.5). If you are updating from and older version, please update to CiviCRM 4.6 first, then to the latest CiviCRM version (22238)
- A ton of tiny tweaks and fixes and unit tests that make CiviCRM more fun to use, reliable and the source code more entertaining to read and improve. This humble editor often struggles to decide what is relevant to include in the above short summary. Feel free to give us a shout on the CiviCRM chat.
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Alice Frumin, Andie Hunt; Agileware - Justin Freeman; BrightMinded Ltd - Bradley Taylor; Circle Interactive - Matt Trim; CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Yashodha Chaku; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy; Dave D; Jens Schuppe; JMA Consulting - Seamus Lee; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; Miguel Almeida; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire; Progressive Technology Project - Jamie McClelland; Skvare - Sunil Pawar; Squiffle Consulting - Aidan Saunders; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen McNaughton.
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following reviewers contributed their comments:
Artful Robot - Rich Lott; Ben Mango; Betty Dolfing; Christian Wach; CiviCoop - Jaap Jansma, Klaas Eikelboom; Coop SymbioTIC - Samuel Vanhove; Freeform Solutions - Herb van den Dool; Fuzion - Jitendra Purohit, Peter Davis; Greenpeace Central and Eastern Europe - Patrick Figel; JMA Consulting - Joe Murray, Monish Deb; Lighthouse Consulting and Design - Brian Shaughnessy; Mikey O'Toole; Semper IT - Karin Gerritsen; Tadpole Collective - Kevin Cristiano; tapashdatta; Third Sector Design - William Mortada; Wikimedia Foundation - Elliott Eggleston.
- CiviCRM 5.47 will include timezones for events (20476)
- New APIs for persistent queues (22657)
- SearchKit packaging: Coleman has put up a bunch of PRs, most of them merged into 5.45, a few outstanding for 5.46, to facilitate exporting, packaging and distributing Saved Searches (and other types of APIv4 entities). It includes a new APIv4 Export action, which you can use to spit out php code from the API Explorer into a `.mgd.php` file, and distribute it with your extension.
For more, subscribe to Eileen's dev-digest.
- Self Service Tokens - When you get a receipt for a recurring contribution/membership you also get some links for self-service cancel, update and billing. This extension provides those links as tokens that can be used in any messagetemplate when the renderer gets a contribution, membership ID or recurring contribution ID. By Matt Wire - MJW Consulting.
- Activity Status - Makes it possible to set a default activity status for new activities. By Mathieu Lu - Coop Symbiotic.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.
- Make a donation or contribute to a Make it happen campaign.
- If your organization wants to support our work, please become a member today.
- If you are a CiviCRM service provider, please become a partner.
CiviCRM is community driven and is sustained through contributions, good vibes, and financial support from its community. ❤️ 🌈