CiviCRM version 5.67.0 is now out and ready to download. This is a regular monthly release. Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience:
Users of the CiviCRM Extended Security Releases (ESR) do not need to upgrade. The current version of ESR is CiviCRM 5.63.x.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen. We thank all our partners, members and ESR subscribers, who are regular financial contributors. If you can, please donate.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.67
This month there are a few big interface changes, as we finally see parts of SearchKit/FormBuilder replacing core screens:
- Interface changes: The Notes and Relationships contact tabs have been revamped, replaced by FormBuilder/SearchKit forms (27701, 27610). The CiviCampaign Dashboard has been replaced as well (27271). On old CiviCRM screens, there was also cleanup to remove "Save and New" buttons from most places (dev/user-interface#53: 27029). In the CiviMail menu, the Draft/Sent Mailing menu labels will be shortened if they have not been customized (27697).
- FormBuilder: The "afform-core" extension (and authx) is now a required core extension, meaning that it will always be enabled for CiviCRM to work correctly. Translation support for Afforms & Managed Search Displays (dev/core#2396: 27553).
- SearchKit: Enable file attachments to be displayed in SearchKit (27379), Expose Address.proximity filter as Afform search filter (27631), Improve performance of downloading spreadsheet (27417)
- Hooks: deprecate
- Standalone: New forms to allow changing a user's password changing and API (27681 and 27645)
- Api4: Add Individual, Household, Organization pseudo-entities (27659)
- Smarty: There was a lot of work towards upgrading Smarty to Smarty3+ (dev/core#4146: 27620, 27594, 27676, 27621, 27582, 27588, 27604, 27693, 27525, 27585, 27587, 27687, 27581, 27583 and 27547) - it is still not enabled by default and help testing is definitely welcome. In extensions or custom code, please consider removing the use of the
- Smart groups: a smart group profiler was added to help identify slow smart groups (dev/core#4350: 27232 and 27462)
- Legacy searchers: the legacycustomsearches core extension is now optional and not installed by default (dev/core#4112: 27400). This does not have any impact on upgrades. We are just slowly tucking away unmaintained code.
- CiviCRM Log Files: The date/time format has been changed to always be a standard date format, instead of a localized format (dev/core#4270: 27575)
- Message Templates: Eliminate
contributeMode(Work towards dev/core#4619: 27562), so if you have been ignoring warnings about customized Message Templates needing to be updated, you might want to check now.
- A very long list of minor fixes, PHP 8.1 and 8.2 fixes, and smarty template cleanup. The cleanups can be a bit disruptive when doing upgrades, but it continues a long effort of making CiviCRM more reliable and easier to maintain. There is also a push to support newer PHP versions, which forces to cleanup old code.
Important: if you use the CiviRules extension, please upgrade. See this issue.
Big thanks to Andie Hunt and Alice Frumin for putting up together release notes. If you are upgrading from a very old version of CiviCRM, see the version-specific upgrade tasks.
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Alice Frumin and Andie Hunt; Artful Robot - Rich Lott; BrightMinded Ltd - Bradley Taylor; Christian Wach; Circle Interactive - Pradeep Nayak; CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Yashodha Chaku; civiservice.de - Sebastian Lisken; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy, Samuel Vanhove; Dave D; Francesc Bassas i Bullich; Freeform Solutions - Herb van den Dool; Jens Schuppe; JMA Consulting - Seamus Lee; John Kingsnorth; Lemniscus - Noah Miller; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire; Przemysław Tabor; Squiffle Consulting - Aidan Saunders; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen McNaughton; Wildsight - Lars Sander-Green.
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following reviewers contributed their comments:
Agileware - Justin Freeman; Australian Greens - Andrew Cormick-Dockery; Blackfly Solutions - Alan Dixon; CiviCoop - Jaap Jansma; DevApp; JMA Consulting - Joe Murray; Nicol Wistreich; Tadpole Collective - Kevin Cristiano; Third Sector Design - Kurund Jalmi, William Mortada; Wikimedia Foundation - Elliott Eggleston; xavi-xaloc.
- Stripe Charge Amount - Helps for importing payments from another system
- Stripe Import - Provides importers for Stripe
- CiviOffice - Allows you to use DOCX files as document templates in many CiviCRM workflows
Join us for CiviCamp Manchester! It's a great opportunity to meet other CiviCRM users, CiviCRM developers and members of the CiviCRM core team. CiviCamp Manchester is on December 1, with pre-camp trainings and a code/documentation sprint afterwards.
Can't make it to Manchester? CiviCamp Montreal will be on 28 February 2024. Early-bird registrations are now open!
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.
- Make a donation or contribute to a Make it happen campaign.
- If your organization wants to support our work, please become a member today.
- If you are a CiviCRM service provider, please become a partner.
CiviCRM is community driven and is sustained through contributions, fantastic ideas, solidarity, and financial support from its community. Help CiviCRM do a world of good.