CiviCRM version 5.53.0 is now out and ready to download. This is a regular monthly release. Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience:
Users of the CiviCRM Extended Security Releases (ESR) do not need to upgrade, as there are no ESR-specific bug-fixes or security issues at the moment. The current version of ESR is CiviCRM 5.51.x.
Change in system requirements: Since 5.52, CiviCRM requires MySQL 5.7+ or MariaDB 10.2+.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen. We thank all our partners, members and ESR subscribers, who are regular financial contributors. If you can, please donate.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.53
This version changes the database schema, has changes to the API, as well as the usual bugfixes and minor feature improvements.
- SearchKit: Allow HTML in fields display (dev/core#3723: 24023), Fix editable when displaying an icon (24255), Fix adding deep joins (23993), Fix viewing search display for anonymous user (24180)
- Form Builder (afform): provide an easy way for administrators to add navigation menu from the form (24013), Allow groups and tags and age to be filters (23974), Post-submit redirect tokens (24016), Require Authx (23767), Update correct existing email,phone,address & prevent deletion of others (24172), Add "clear" button to non-required radios (23413), hide breadcrumbs on frontend forms (dev/core#3741: 24022),
- APIv4: makes it easier to fetch email, phone and address in a Contact.get call (dev/core#3659: 23972), Add Contribution
- Import: Increase the size of queue batches, for better performance (24151)
- CiviCase: Makes Case contact reference custom fields clickable (24072), Improvements to Case Detail report (dev/core#3768: 24120, 24155 and 24109)
- Message Template new interface: Get offline contribution-receipt fully working with preview screen (Work Towards dev/core#3694: 23870)
- Dashboard: fix the Report option "Available for Dashboard?" which was adding the Report to all users Dashboards. Oops. (dev/core#3799: 24238)
- Recent Items: available providers an option group so extensions can extend it (dev/core#3783: 24164)
- Custom Fields: we heard you like custom fields, so it's now possible for custom fields to have custom fields, but we're not sure why (23995)
- CiviCRM Standalone: add base classes to facilitate development (22227)
- Upgrader: Apply extension updates after core updates (dev/core#3490: 24030)
- Many improvements for PHP 8.1 compatibility (although not yet official, but close?)
- The usual long list of obscure fixes and code cleanup.
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Andie Hunt; Agileware - Justin Freeman; Alexy Mikhailichenko; Circle Interactive - Pradeep Nayak; CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Yashodha Chaku; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy; CSES (Chelmsford Science and Engineering Society) - Adam Wood; Dave D; Freeform Solutions - Herb van den Dool; Jens Schuppe; JMA Consulting - Seamus Lee; Joinery - Allen Shaw; KAM z.s. - Vít Maňásek; Lemniscus - Noah Miller; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire; Robert J. Lang; Tadpole Collective - Kevin Cristiano; Third Sector Design - Kurund Jalmi, Michael McAndrew; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen McNaughton.
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following reviewers contributed their comments:
Agileware - Francis Whittle; Andy Burns; Artful Robot - Rich Lott; avall-llovera; Betty Dolfing; Circle Interactive - Pradeep Nayak; CiviCoop - Jaap Jansma; Francesc Bassas i Bullich; JMA Consulting - Monish Deb; Levi.k; Mikey O'Toole; Savion Lee; Squiffle Consulting - Aidan Saunders.
- There will be a 3-day sprint for contributors in the centre of Manchester, UK. The sprint will take place from Monday 10th to Wednesday 12th of October 2022.
- Prior to the sprint, on 6-7 October, there will be a CiviCRM developer training.
For more, subscribe to Eileen's dev-digest.
- Anonymize - anonymize your database, so you can share your CiviCRM database more readily. By xurizaemon.
- Shopify - Sync Shopify data to CiviCRM. By Matt Wire - MJW Consulting.
- File upload field validation - Restrict file upload if not of the type defined in Safe file extension. The extension also restricts file type upload on a specific custom fields defined in field settings. By Pradeep Nayak.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.
- Make a donation or contribute to a Make it happen campaign.
- If your organization wants to support our work, please become a member today.
- If you are a CiviCRM service provider, please become a partner.
CiviCRM is community driven and is sustained through contributions, good vibes, solidarity, and financial support from its community. Help CiviCRM do a world of good.