CiviCRM version 5.54.0 is now out and ready to download. This is a regular monthly release. Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience:
Users of the CiviCRM Extended Security Releases (ESR) do not need to upgrade, as there are no ESR-specific bug-fixes or security issues at the moment. The current version of ESR is CiviCRM 5.51.x.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen. We thank all our partners, members and ESR subscribers, who are regular financial contributors. If you can, please donate.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.54
This version changes the database schema, has changes to the API, as well as the usual bugfixes and minor feature improvements.
- SearchKit: Use combo button+dropdown for creating new search or segment (24199), Support form filters for relationships (24293), Better title and description for managed entities (24201), Add contacts to mailing group in batches (24254), More options on field transformations of a Date Field so that you can e.g. Group by the month+year of a birth-date (dev/core#3700: 24181), Better support for calculated fields as Afform filters (24448), Add an "Add Activity" task for contact searches (24391), The Administer Contact Types admin form now uses SearchKit (24512)
- FormBuilder (afform): setting a field as 'required' does not implement any validation check (Work Towards dev/core#3137: 23604), add "Existing entity" selector (24165), Support opening new case (24236)
- Message Templates: unhide the new Message Admin extension (but not yet enabled by default, 24269). This provides a better editor for Message Templates (aka Workflow Messages) and translation (24174), and makes it easier to preview templates using real examples, ex: event confirmation preview (24323)
- Welcome Emails (when subscribing to a mailing group): Add support for Contact tokens in welcome email using TokenProcessor (24235)
- CiviCase: Migrate case activity revisions (deprecated) to detailed logging (dev/core#1532: 24266 and 24249)
- CiviImport: new core extension with APIs for viewing import tables. A lot of the core import code has been improved in previous releases. This core extension mainly adds new APIs so that developers can use them (24230)
- Api4: Add contact.getDuplicates action (24384), Accept
matchparam for Export action (24375), Add
case_idfield to Activity entity (24244 and 24360)
- Performance: File::findFiles - Save 200 million nanoseconds (24490)
- Drupal10: add cv support (Work Towards dev/drupal#176: 24133)
- Many bugfixes and code cleanups.
Big thanks to Andie Hunt and Alice Frumin from AGH Strategies for putting up together release notes. If upgrading from a very old version of CiviCRM, see the version-specific upgrade tasks.
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Andie Hunt, Alice Frumin; Agileware - Justin Freeman; BrightMinded Ltd - Bradley Taylor; CiviCoop - Jaap Jansma; CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Yashodha Chaku; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy, Shane Bill; Dave D; Freeform Solutions - Herb van den Dool; JMA Consulting - Seamus Lee; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire; PERORA SRL - Samuele Masetto; Progressive Technology Project - Jamie McClelland; SYSTOPIA Organisationsberatung - Björn Endres; Third Sector Design - Kurund Jalmi; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen McNaughton.
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following reviewers contributed their comments:
alarmingcod; Andy Burns; Artful Robot - Rich Lott; Australian Greens - John Twyman; avall-llovera; Digitalcourage - Detlev Sieber; Francesc Bassas i Bullich; Jens Schuppe; Levi.k; Lighthouse Consulting and Design - Brian Shaughnessy; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Brienne Kordis; Nicol Wistreich; Squiffle Consulting - Aidan Saunders; Third Sector Design - Michael McAndrew.
- There will be a 3-day sprint for contributors in the centre of Manchester, UK. The sprint will take place from Monday 10th to Wednesday 12th of October 2022.
- Prior to the sprint, on 6-7 October, there will be a CiviCRM developer training.
For more, subscribe to Eileen's dev-digest.
- Case Archive - Creates an downloadable archive of a CiviCase so you can store the contents of the case in your archive. By Jaap Jansma - CiviCoop
- Group Hierarchy Visualizer - Make it easier to see the group hierarchy when there are lots of groups and subgroups. By DaveD
- Transactions list tokens - Provides tokens to list transaction, contributions etc. By Pradeep Nayak
- Group Fields Filter - Filter which groups may appear on a profile. By Mathieu Lu - Coop Symbiotic
- Batch Title Formatter - This utility extension provides an API call to reformat accounting Batch titles so that they sort correctly when used in report filters. By Aidan Saunders - Squiffle Consulting Ltd
- X-Dedupe (Extended Deduplication) - Offers a modular and flexible alternative to CiviCRM's built-in deduplication system. By BjoernE - SYSTOPIA Organisationsberatung
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.
- Make a donation or contribute to a Make it happen campaign.
- If your organization wants to support our work, please become a member today.
- If you are a CiviCRM service provider, please become a partner.
CiviCRM is community driven and is sustained through contributions, good vibes, solidarity, and financial support from its community. Help CiviCRM do a world of good.