This release includes several COOL new features:
- Personal Dashboards - ** NEW in this beta release ** Each CiviCRM user can now configure their own dashboard (CiviCRM Home) to include summary data that's important to their work. Any available 'CiviReports' can be embedded in the dashboard in tabular or graphical format. Check out some examples on Kurund's recent blog post.
- Contact Subtypes - Extend (and / or rename) the built-in contact types and create custom fields specific to a subtype (...
Key features include..
- New user friendly "Drag" n "Drop" interface to add/remove/rearrange dashboard elements ('dashlets').
- Ability to add any report instance - with either Tabular, Bar Chart or Pie Chart view.
- Dashboard is personalized - Each user with CiviCRM access can have their own customized version of the dashboard screen.
- All dashlets are cached, with the ability to manually refresh and an automatic cache timeout period. This is done...
DownloadYou can download CiviCRM 3.0.3 at our download page. Select from the Newest Files section at the top of the page. The filenames include the 3.0.3 label: civicrm-3.0.3…. Be sure and... Read more
Worried that CiviCRM integration with Joomla is not keeping pace with Drupal? Wanna take CiviCRM / Joomla integration to the next level? Want better permissioning support for CiviCRM in Joomla? Want more front end exposure of CiviCRM in Joomla?
If you want any (or all of the above), then do attend the Joomla Develoepr Conference in New York from Dec 5 - 7. We definitely need more participation and support from the CiviCRM/Joomla Developer community to help bridge the gap and strengthen the integration. This is a great time and moment for CiviCRM/Joomla to take the next leap forward.
Details and event registration are found here: http://opensourcematters.org/devconferenceinformation.html (note the reg form uses Civi for event info/registration!).
We are looking to put together a team of Joomla+CiviCRM developers to attend and work together at the camp. We currently have 2...Read more
- Helping some current users solve problems and get up to speed on more advance features in the CiviCRM 201 session. Our community does pretty amazing things in the "cloud" - but I really love having opportunities to interact with users and integrators and developers "live and in person". The feedback on 3.0 usability improvements (especially the new navigation menu) was super positive and very gratifying.
- Participating in Lobo's "action-packed" 60 minute session on...
The team is excited to announce that the first ALPHA release of version 3.1 is now available for download. You can also try it out on our sandbox site. Please remember this is an ALPHA release and it should NOT be used on production sites.
This release includes several major new features:
- Contact Subtypes - Extend (and / or rename) the built-in contact types and create custom fields specific to a subtype (e.g. Staff vs. Volunteer custom fields). Thanks to the folks at Alpha International for sponsoring this much-requested feature (learn more...).
- HTML Emails for Receipts, Event Confirmations and more - Templates for all system-generated emails are now stored in the database and editable by...
Joomla has a developers camp scheduled for Dec. 5-6 in New York City, geared primarily toward an introduction to Joomla 1.6. Details and event registration are found here: http://opensourcematters.org/devconferenceinformation.html (note the reg form uses Civi for event info/registration!).
We are looking to put together a team of Joomla+CiviCRM developers to attend and work together at the camp. I will be attending, as will Lobo from the core team, and Elin Waring (Open Source Matters). If you are interested in attending, please register and let us know. We may try to put together an IM mtg or conference call in advance to talk about what could potentially be accomplished at the meeting toward improving Joomla+Civi integration.
The event extends into Monday and we plan on spending at least the first half of monday on a code sprint towards improving Joomla integration. So please do...Read more
- Reporting - More than 20 reports are included in this release. You can customize these report instances AND create new instances with different filters and display columns from the Report Templates screens.
- Redesigned contact summary and contact edit screens - These screens have been completely redesigned to maximize readability. Tabs now display the number of records (e.g. contributions, events, etc.) - so you don't...