Solutions serving ADA's Professional Member Network
American Diabetes Association
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is the nation's leading voluntary health organization whose mission is to prevent and cure diabetes, and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. The ADA drives discovery by funding research to treat, manage and prevent all types of diabetes, as well as to search for cures; raises voice to the urgency of the diabetes epidemic; and works to safeguard policies and programs that protect people with diabetes. In addition, the ADA professional engagement portal supports people living with diabetes, those at risk of developing diabetes, and the health care professionals who serve them through information and programs that can improve health outcomes and quality of life.
The American Diabetes Association selected iXiam to design, develop and maintain DiabetesPro, the portal for professional members. We built the platform using Drupal and CiviCRM for the management of the professional member directory. In addition, iXiam supported several new initiatives to serve the ADA professional members including:
- Education resource database
- Multilingual Patient Education Library
- Grant database of past and current funded research
Drupal website with CiviCRM integration
- Managed over 100,000 user accounts
- SSO integration with other 3rd party vendors as the holder of record (Learning Management Systems, Member forums)
- Training for the ADA Help Center to enable constituent assistance
- Several microsites including Therapeutic inertia, Institute of Learning, and several event specific industry sponsored microsites during the ADA annual Scientific Sessions (Novo Nordisk, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Lilly)
- Member-only directory listing all current ADA professional members.
- Data harmonization from membership fulfillment company.
- SSO implementation for external member forum.
Mental Health Directory
- Joint initiative between American Diabetes Association and American Psychological Association to create a directory of Mental Health Professionals specializing in Diabetes Care.
- Application process to ensure applicants met criteria put forth by both organizations prior to appearing on the directory.
- Display of specialties in a map display.
- Onsite capture and production of all scientific talks during event (approx 1,000 over a 5-day period)
- Purchase access to the webcasts using iATS payment processor with variable pricing based on membership status and meeting attendance.
- Webcasts were sold as a 1 year subscription that had an embargo period prior to the content being freely available.
- Developed a historical archive of over 10,000 presentations (2004-2023)