Hybrid event site for Worldwide Diabetes
Worldwide Initiative for Diabetes Education Virtual Global Summit
The Worldwide Initiative for Diabetes Education (Worldwide Diabetes) is a nonprofit foundation that provides education and information for healthcare providers in a variety of formats and settings on a global scale.
Educational programs, offered in multiple languages on every continent, aim to shape the future of diabetes by enhancing medical education for healthcare professionals in the prevention, early detection, and management of diabetes in order to provide optimal care.
iXiam created an event specific site with registration for a hybrid meeting. The event was presented live to a worldwide virtual audience, and made available on-demand for post-event viewing for users in over multiple time zones spanning 6 continents. They were looking for a comprehensive solution to manage the event including registering their professionals, providing restricted live-stream access to the content and event feedback. iXiam’s experience producing events in over 30 countries globally made us a trusted partner to work with their on-site staff in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Ixiam developed a Drupal website tailored specifically for events that includes the essential features of speaker profiles, agenda, feedback with integrated registration.
- Mailing integration to communicate event updates and automatic reminders for attendees to join the event
- Integration with Vimeo Live to reduce latency and provide a higher quality stream
- Conversion of site from a live event to an enduring site for on-demand access post-event.
- Fielding questions and discussion from remote viewers via webform to allow vetting and filtering of questions for presenters
- Registration that grants automatic access for remote attendees
- Post-event attendee survey